ACE Code of Ethics -
American Council on Exercise
As an ACE-certified Professional, I am guided by the American Council on Exercise's principles of professional conduct whether I am working with clients, the public or other health and fitness professionals. I promise to:
- Provide safe and effective instruction.
- Provide equal and fair treatment to all clients.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest health and fitness research and understand its practical application.
- Maintain current CPR and AED certificates and knowledge of first-aid services.
- Comply with all applicable business, employment and intellectual property laws.
- Uphold and enhance public appreciation and trust for the health and fitness industry.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all client information.
- Refer clients to more qualified health or medical professionals when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain clear professional boundaries.